This Code of Conduct establishes a clear set of guidelines for parents/guardians. Its primary goal is to help ensure that soccer is a fun, positive and enjoyable experience. Our Code of Conduct is based on the concept of fair play, defined by four basic principles:
- Respect for the rules
- Respect for the referees and their decisions
- Respect for all participants, including teammates, coaches and opponents
- Maintaining self -control at all times
It is a condition of continuing Club membership that all participants understand and follow this Code of Conduct when participating in any Club activity. Please keep this Code of Conduct as a reference.
Code of Conduct
- I will remember that my child plays soccer for his or her benefit, not for mine.
- I will not give instructions to players - that is the coach's role.
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game.
- I will make my child feel like a winner by offering praise for competing fairly and doing their best.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- At all times I will support all players on the team.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays by both my child's team and their opponents.
- I will never question the referee’s judgment or honesty. I understand feedback, both positive and constructive, regarding the performance of a referee is to be sent by the team coach to the Head Referee.
- I will support all efforts to eliminate verbal and physical abuse from the game of soccer.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches, who give their time for the benefit of my child.
- I will make sure that my son/daughter arrives for scheduled practices and games at the time designated by the coach.
- I realize that the team can be penalized for my behaviour. If required, I must obey a request by a referee or from the team’s coach to leave the vicinity of the field.
- I am responsible for my child at all times during participation in Goderich MSC events.
- I will encourage my child to sit with his/her team during games. I will observe games from the opposite side of the field from the players’ benches, unless requested to do otherwise by the referee or coach.
- I will understand and follow the Zero Tolerance Policy listed further down on page.
- I will adhere to the Social Media Guidelines at the end of the page.
Zero Tolerance Policy - Officials
Goderich Minor Soccer Club is a strong supporter of making sport safe for our youth. Goderich MSC supports the following program to help ensure the safety and enjoyment of soccer for all.
Any coach, parent, grandparent or guardian judged by the Discipline Board to be guilty of abusive conduct toward a referee during a Club’s House League game will be reprimanded in writing and subject to policies and procedures as outlined in the OS Discipline Guidelines. A second conviction, during the same season will result in the member being restricted from all services rendered by the Club including attendance at all soccer activities within the Club. In extreme cases, as determined by the Discipline Board, a member may be reinstated subject to a review hearing.